Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Thanksgiving Family Bingo

While on Thanksgiving vacation from my teaching job, I am madly cleaning and preparing to host Thanksgiving dinner. So of course, I have created a couple of cute Thanksgiving games to play with the family.

This year, I have made Thanksgiving Family Bingo. My thinking is that some of the younger children may not be familiar with the aunts and uncles coming to dinner this year. It would be a nice ice breaker to help them learn their family members names.

If you aren't familiar with how to add your own pictures, follow these simple steps:
  1. First I used Picasa to crop the pictures tight. You can use any photo editing software if you would like to crop a close-up of family pictures. If you are like me, deciding which pictures to use takes the most time. (Old fashion way - take close up pictures of family) You can even include pets!
  2. Go to www.lessonpix.com and log in
  3. Click the top tab, "Your LessonPix"
  4. Scroll down and click on "Manage My Photos"
  5. Go to "Upload A Photo". Browse to search and select which photos you would like to upload and give it a name. Your photo will appear in the list and be available for you to use. You will see the word "Mine" on the corner - to note that the picture cannot be seen by other lessonpix users. "Mine" does not show on materials you create. 
One you have your pictures in "Your Uploaded Pictures", you can click the + or drag them to the tray to make any materials you desire. This is great for making picture cards, pattern strips, memory games, bingo, ...etc. using your photos. (This is a great idea to make materials to use with children with ASD to help them learn familiar friends and family.)

I hope I didn't scare you too much - I just thought it is a fun game idea for families. I will also be making playing cards and memory games. (In addition to our annual charades game.) Why not? Its too easy! (And my nieces and nephew love it!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment